Atlantic Shores Crab Stuffed Shrimp!
Fresh bounty from the sea always makes for a spectacular dish. Two flavor favorites are succulent shrimp and sweet crab.
What better than to put these two together!
Whip up a batch of Atlantic Shores Crab Stuffed Shrimp and impress guests at your next gathering.
For the crab (make a crab cake)
- 1lb Fresh local jumbo lump crab meat; lightly picked without breaking up the lumps
- ½ Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- The juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Small amount Tabasco sauce
- 13 saltine crackers; finely ground
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley; finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the crab and saltines in a bowl. In another bowl put crabmeat. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the crab, gently fold 3-4 times to get the crab coated (Not too much!) Add the saltines and fold the mix 5-6 times. Everything will start to bind up. The goal is to mix as much as you can without over-mixing and breaking up the crab. Let the mix sit for a few minutes for the saltines to absorb the “wet” ingredients. Divide the mix into 5 crab cakes.
For the shrimp
- 20 16-20 sized shrimp
- Peel, de-vein, and butterfly the shrimp.
- On a baking sheet, spread 4 shrimp and lay with wide ends together to form a cross shape.
- Place a crab cake in the center of the “cross,” and wrap the shrimp up around the sides.
- Drizzle about 1 teaspoon melted butter over each stuffed shrimp and bake at 305 degrees for about 12 minutes.