Atlantic Shores House-Made Chicken Stock
A flavorful stock is a great base for delicious dishes and sauces. It’s convenient to reach for store-bought, but homemade is easy and more flavorful. Chef Kyle’s easy go-to chicken stock is full of chicken flavor with a bit of heat! It can also be frozen to instantly use anytime.
Makes: 3 quarts
- 2 roasted chicken carcasses
- 4 quarts water
- 4 ribs of celery, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 large white onion, cut in ¼
- 8-10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 dried chipotle chili peppers
- 2-3 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 1-2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- Place the chicken carcasses in a 2-gallon stock pot and cover with water
- Bring to a boil, and add the celery, carrots, onion, cilantro, herbs, chilies, 1 T of salt and 1 tsp black pepper. Cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer for at least 45 minutes. Be sure to add water to keep the chicken covered.
- Once the chicken is cooked, and falling off the bone, strain the broth. Reserve the chicken to make chicken noodle soup!
- Return the broth to the pot and taste. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Use the broth in your favorite dish, or boil to reduce by half and freeze. To use, defrost and dilute with an equal part of water.