Benefits of the One-Bedroom Apartment
Benefits of Senior Apartments
Living in a senior apartment in Virginia Beach can be a rewarding experience for older adults who want to prioritize an active and carefree lifestyle. With a smaller space, you can focus less on housework and more on the people and activities that enrich your life.
From housekeeping services to top-notch security, read these five benefits of senior living apartments and learn how communities like Atlantic Shores have everything you need for an exceptional retirement lifestyle.
- 1. Enjoy the freedom provided by maintenance-free living
- 2. Choose from a variety of floor plans
- 3. Find incredible opportunities right outside your front door
Living in a senior living apartment truly makes to-do lists a thing of the past. You no longer have to worry about planning for costs such as exterior and interior repairs, replacing or fixing broken appliances, homeowners insurance or property tax.
At Atlantic Shores, we also offer biweekly housekeeping and flat linen services. This allows you to enjoy a clean, comfortable home without having to manage it all yourself. While you’re out on the waters of Lake Redwing, refining your drop shot on the pickleball court, or tending to your space in the community garden, our team of friendly professionals will take care of your home inside and out.
Atlantic Shores features a variety of well-appointed floor plans to suit any retirement lifestyle. For example, The Thames is a charming one-bedroom apartment that is perfect for relaxing and recharging in between activities. The Potomac is a two-bedroom apartment with extra space to entertain, have a home office, or pursue your hobbies. We also feature a variety of beautiful villas.
No matter which floor plan you choose, maintenance-free living and an easy-to-clean space will give you more time to focus on pursuing your hobbies and leading an active lifestyle.
To learn more about the selection of floor plans in our senior living community in Virginia Beach, request a brochure or use our floor plan fit calculator to see which apartment or villa is right for you.
Perhaps the best part about living in an independent living apartment is a world of possibilities steps from your front door. Many communities feature resort-style services and amenities that help you lead an active and enriched retirement.
Here are just some of the many services and amenities offered at Atlantic Shores:
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, trips to the airport and medical appointments
- Daytrips including kayaking, whale-watching, tours of vineyards, pet-friendly outings and more
- Wealth of dining venues, including casual fare at The Bistro, international options at The Magnolia and fine dining at The Chesapeake
- Abundant community activities, including resident-led groups to match your interests
- Well-equipped arts and crafts studio that has plenty of space for large projects
- Woodworking shop with every tool you need to create your latest design
Senior living communities offer a convenient path to improved well-being and an active lifestyle. You’ll never need to leave the community to have access to a variety of programs and opportunities, designed around what keeps you motivated to meet and exceed your goals.
These are some ways residents enrich their mind, body and spirit in our retirement community:
- State-of-the-art fitness center, where you can work out alone, with friends, or with a personal trainer
Variety of wellness programs
- Group exercise classes including core strength, yoga and TheraBand
- Strolling or cycling on paved paths along 100 acres of scenic Lake Redwing
- Swimming year-round in our indoor heated pool and relaxing in our Jacuzzi®
- Tennis, shuffleboard, pickleball ball on our private courts
- Golf on our private putting green
- Spiritual activities including Bible study and worship
Top-notch security in senior living communities in Virginia Beach like Atlantic Shores can take some of the stress out of preparing to travel. Instead of tasks like calling your security company, having the post office hold your mail, and asking neighbors to keep an eye on your house, simply pack your bags, lock your door, and leave for your next adventure.
No matter where your travels may lead, you can enjoy your time away without worry. Along with a single controlled entrance, our community provides 24/7 roving security. We also feature concierge services that can hold your mail while you’re away. Just let our friendly team know your travel plans, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Experience the Height of Senior Living and a Community for the Young at Heart
Atlantic Shores offers a retirement lifestyle in Virginia Beach designed for vibrant, fun-loving adults just like you. Contact our sales counselors online to schedule an in-person visit or call us at 757-716-3000 to learn more about our community. We can’t wait to welcome you to the neighborhood!