The Value of Renting in Senior Living
What Is the Value of Renting in Retirement in Virginia Beach?
Many of us think of the retirement years as a time to enjoy greater flexibility and freedom with fewer hassles. If that sounds like your ideal lifestyle, renting in a senior living community may be an ideal choice. In a senior living community like Atlantic Shores, leasing can be a way to enjoy flexibility and all the perks of a vibrant senior living community.
A Chance to Test the Waters
Renting a senior living home gives you an opportunity to try out the lifestyle in a retirement community without making a long-term commitment. That makes it easy to relocate if you decide you don’t like where you live, if your circumstances change, or if you simply want the adventure of life in a different part of the world.
Enjoy Financial Advantages
If you’ve been a homeowner for years, it may surprise you to learn that renting can be a financially advantageous alternative. Here are a few of the benefits of renting in a senior living community:
- Predictable monthly fees. Renters aren’t responsible for footing the bill for home repairs, so unexpected costs won’t take you by surprise. Plus routine services such as lawn care and housekeeping are part of the monthly fee. And you no longer have to worry about paying for the hidden costs of homeownership, such as property taxes and homeowners insurance.
- No or low entrance fee. Some retirement communities have a large buy-in fee. Renting, on the other hand, often means that the entrance fee, if there is one, is low.
- Profits to invest. Your home may be one of your biggest assets. If you sell your home and choose to rent, you may be able to put the profits to work for you by investing them.
- Control over monthly costs. At Atlantic Shores, you can tailor your membership experience so it suits your lifestyle preferences and budget. Two of our Resident Memberships give you the option to lease. With our Signature Membership, you can lease an apartment or villa and access all the community’s services and amenities. Our Charter Membership includes the option to lease an apartment and customize it to suit your personal tastes. You also can bundle or unbundle access to amenities and services, which opens a range of choices from full-access to pay-as-you-go.
Take Pleasure in the Perks
Retirement communities brim with opportunities to make connections, learn, explore and have fun. Renting in the community allows you to take advantage of these attractions without the expense or commitment of buying into the community. Among the amenities and services at Atlantic Shores, you’ll find:
- Housekeeping and groundskeeping are taken care of, so you can engage in pursuits you may not have had time for previously.
- The community’s single controlled entrance and 24/7 security patrols keep your home and belongings safe while you enjoy far-flung — or nearby — destinations.
- Chef-prepared meals and flexible on-site dining options mean you can enjoy delicious food and cook as little, or as much, as you want.
- An idyllic setting beckons you to indulge your inner nature lover, tour the neighborhood in your golf cart, or indulge your green thumb in our Victory Garden.
Freedom to Thrive
Atlantic Shores offers residents the flexibility and freedom to design a retirement lifestyle that suits them perfectly. And our location in Virginia Beach means the delights of living here extend into the surrounding community as well, where museums, beaches and golf courses abound. Contact us to find out more about living, and renting, at Atlantic Shores.