Want to whip up something deliciously different for your upcoming cookie exchanges?
Try Chef Kyle’s delectable Pistachio Cranberry Bark! A nice change to traditional peppermint bark, this unique combination blends sweet, tart and salty, and is a delight for the eyes as well as the taste buds. Or transform your traditional sugar cookie with this flavor combination by adding pistachios and cranberries to your batter, and dipping baked cookies in melted white chocolate. Either version will be a hit at holiday parties.
Yields about 1 lb of bark
1 lb. white chocolate
½ cup shelled pistachios
½ cup dried cranberries
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt white chocolate over a double boiler (or in 30-second intervals in the microwave on 50% power, stirring after each). Once the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and let sit for a few minutes to cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Add pistachios and cranberries and stir to combine.
- Spread the chocolate mixture onto the prepared pan in an even layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until set.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the bark into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.