Assisted Living in Virginia Beach
When you need a helping hand.
Sometimes, all it takes is the right touch of help to brighten your day. With assisted living at Atlantic Shores, you’ll stay in control and continue living as independently as possible in a relaxed, residential setting. At Harbourway Assisted Living we welcome anyone seeking assisted living in Virginia Beach, VA.
How much assistance, and when? It’s really up to you. From bathing, grooming and dressing to bed-making, health checks and professional therapy, we can tailor a flexible care plan for senior assisted living that can change over time as lifestyles change.
We’re proud of our high staff-to-resident ratio which sets us apart from other assisted living facilities in Virginia Beach area. You’ll find a licensed practical nurse on staff at all times, and staff members trained in direct care for the elderly or are state-certified nursing assistants. Strong relationships between caregivers and family members help loved ones thrive, and we use the caremerge system to quickly send messages and updates, feedback and photos in real time.
Along with exceptional personalized care, assisted living includes housekeeping, home maintenance, and access to all of our community services and amenities. Steps away from your private assisted living apartment are a fitness center, library, arts and crafts room, games room and an outdoor courtyard with a community vegetable garden. You’ll enjoy award-winning dining, a calendar of social activities and events, and concierge service, 365 days a year.
For information on assisted living, reach out to us using the contact form. Someone from our team will respond right away.
Assisted Living Floor Plans
Harbourway features 52 senior apartments with five unique floor plans to choose from. Each unfurnished unit has all the comforts of home, including a large walk-in closet, a coat closet, a large bathroom and a kitchenette that includes a sink, small refrigerator and cabinets.
Our Apartments for Seniors
Our Award-Winning Assisted Living Care
Assisted Living FAQ
How do I know when assisted living is needed?
In general, it’s best to check with your family doctor or other physician. When help with daily tasks is needed — taking a bath, getting dressed, using the bathroom, taking medication — assisted living services can be the answer. Our trained professionals provide the helping hand that preserves an individual’s independence.
What services and amenities do you provide?
You or your loved one will have access to the following services and amenities:
- Scheduled transportation
- 24-hour availability of trained staff
- Emergency call system in every apartment
- Blood sugar monitoring and testing services
- Mobility assistance (hands-on support) to and from dining room or activities
- Supervision or minimal physical assistance with showers
- Supervision or minimal physical assistance with personal hygiene, dressing/undressing, as needed
- Assistance with personal management of occasional incontinence
- Planned social, recreational and educational experiences
- Housekeeping twice weekly
- Laundering of bed and bath linens up to twice weekly
- Routine and emergency apartment maintenance
- Daily trash collection
- Free laundry machines on each floor
Additional services available for a fee:
- Beauty parlor/Barbershop
- Rehabilitation services (physical, occupational and speech therapy)
- Physician services
- Podiatry, dental and ophthalmology consultation
- Radiology services
- Laboratory services
- Call bell pendant
- Medical and incontinence supplies
- Special activity excursions
- Personal laundry service
- Personal hygiene items
- Valet service to appointments
- Catering for special occasions
- Guest meals
What activities are available at Harbourway?
Harbourway residents can enjoy planned activities of all kinds. There’s something for every interest:
- Cognitive — poetry readings, book clubs, current event discussions
- Creative — quilting, arts and crafts
- Physical — wellness and exercise classes
- Spiritual — Bible study, church services
- Reflective — contemplative activities
- Vocational — volunteering
- Outdoors — lunch, museums, shopping, entertainment
- Social — weekly happy hours and gatherings