Memory Care Facility Virginia Beach
Memory Care Built on Kindness
When your loved one is living with memory loss, you want them to be cared for with the patience and kindness they deserve. At Marina Bay, our memory care neighborhood at Atlantic Shores, a high staff-to-resident ratio provides the safest and most supportive environment for those needing Alzheimer’s care or Dementia care.
Because finding the right balance of care and independence is different for every person, we work closely with families to ensure their loved one’s individual preferences and needs are respected at all times. While our staff are highly skilled at managing older adults at every level of dementia and Alzheimer’s care, it’s their gentleness and genuine compassion for the people we serve that makes Marina Bay such a special place. Your loved one is celebrated, and their remaining abilities supported with activities that promote their independence, dignity and satisfaction with life.
In Marina Bay, residents benefit from the unique and innovative Heartfelt CONNECTIONS – A Memory Care Program®. Heartfelt CONNECTIONS offers people with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias the care, respect, dignity and quality of life loved ones want for them.
Heartfelt CONNECTIONS is a nationally recognized, person centered, activity-focused program that is grounded in the knowledge that the abilities that remain for an individual impacted by Alzheimer’s or other dementias are much more important than what is lost. By leveraging this specialized dementia care, we help loved ones capture a lasting legacy about each resident’s family, their friends, career, hobbies, likes and dislikes, and then apply these insights to individualized programming for the resident. Through this program, we focus on each resident’s unique abilities, enriching lives and creating success stories one small victory at a time.
What your loved one can expect:
- Industry-leading, personalized memory care, including specialized Dementia care
- Help with daily living activities, including dressing, bathing and medication management
- Art, music and pet therapy
- Access to appropriate community amenities such as beauty parlor, indoor pool, fitness center, woodworking shop, outdoor patio, and walking trails.
- Enjoyable small-cluster group activities
- Frequent community outings for maximum enrichment
- Aromatherapy to engage the senses
- Tablet to stay connected with friends and family members
Benefits for your loved one:
- Promotes dignity and a sense of pride and accomplishment in day-to-day activities
- Encourages engaged eating with specialized diets
- Supports improved self-worth, self-esteem, and overall health and well-being
- Reduces fear, anxiety and frustration
Benefits for you:
- Provides the comfort of knowing your loved one has the best quality of life possible
- Allows you to return to the loving relationship you once shared
- Gives you the opportunity to make the most of your time together
- Supports you and your family with resources, counseling and other services
Memory care at Marina Bay is open to all individuals seeking memory care in Virginia Beach, VA. Our beautifully designed, brand-new memory care suites include licensed round-the-clock care, housekeeping and home maintenance, nutritious chef-prepared meals, and a host of other premium services and amenities.
We understand, and we’re here to help, with memory care that’s unique from other Alzheimer’s care facilities.
Memory Care FAQ
How do you help families?
When someone is living with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia, it affects their whole family. Family members often care for their loved one in the early stages, but caregiving can become more challenging as the illness progresses. Our Marina Bay memory care neighborhood is designed to be safe and secure for all levels of cognitive decline. We provide, round-the-clock care that lifts the burden from family members. It restores the relationship they have with their loved one, with more opportunities to enjoy their time together.
What safety measures are in place?
Your loved one’s private suite is set in our safe and secure Marina Bay neighborhood. Rooms are equipped with an emergency call system and monitored 24 hours a day. Indoor spaces are specially designed to reduce confusion and wandering. Your loved one can safely enjoy the outdoors in our secure courtyard and gardens.
What can I expect from the staff?
Our fully trained staff members get to know your loved one like family. They understand their life history, likes and dislikes, and when they prefer to do things. This nurturing relationship helps them improve daily interactions and gently redirect behaviors when needed.