Short- and Long-Term Skilled Nursing in Virginia Beach
Top-notch skilled care, 24/7.
Seaside Health Center is open to adults age 55+ seeking skilled nursing in Virginia Beach, VA. Our staff of licensed skilled nursing professionals are available around-the-clock to offer short-term care as well as long-term care. With our high staff-to-resident ratio, we can take care of every detail of your or your loved one’s health and well-being.
A Medicare-certified skilled nursing facility, Seaside offers your loved one a comfortable, peaceful setting that feels like home, with an unparalleled skilled nursing staff who go above and beyond in caring for our residents.
Services and Amenities
- Private or semiprivate furnished suite
- Daily housekeeping and laundry service
- Individualized senior health care
- Licensed nursing staff on-site 24/7
- Regular, holistic health assessments
- Advanced assistance for the activities of daily living
- Access to rehabilitative therapies
- Medication management
- Nutritious chef-prepared meals
- Customized social, recreational and educational activities
- Scheduled transportation
- Hospice care
When you or someone you love needs skilled nursing in Virginia Beach, look no further than Seaside Health Center. Reach out to us using the contact form below.
Skilled Nursing FAQ
What is skilled nursing?
Skilled nursing is expert professional care rendered around-the-clock. It’s provided by licensed nurses and therapists and can be short term to help with rehabilitation or recovery, or long term to treat a chronic illness.
When would someone need skilled nursing?
A person may need round-the-clock care after an illness, injury or surgery, but without hospitalization. They may also need a higher level of assistance with daily living tasks such as bathing, grooming and getting around. Some health conditions that could require skilled nursing include:
- Stroke or cardiac illness
- Congestive heart failure
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Alzheimer’s or other forms of cognitive decline
- Fractures or fall-related injuries
- Orthopedic surgery
- Other major illness or permanent disability
Will Medicare pay for skilled nursing?
Seaside Health Center is Medicare-certified. With a qualifying hospital stay and doctor’s confirmation, Medicare may help pay for some long-term care services under certain circumstances. However, there are specific rules about what services are covered and the kinds of benefits you will receive. Visit www.medicare.gov to know the facts about what may or may not be covered, and to stay current on changes.