You’ll love this neck of the woods.
Watch birds at your feeder. Take the grandkids fishing. Atlantic Shores is located on 100 wooded acres along the shores of Lake Redwing where you can be close to nature. Over 300 species of plants and flowers can be found on the lush grounds and green space. Stroll, bike or ride a golf cart through our tree-lined streets and sidewalks, and you’ll see wonderful sights of a friendly, busy neighborhood — residents tending their yards, walking the dog or simply chatting. Use this map to explore our area and see all the options in our inspiring region.
See our campus for yourself. Fill out the contact form and a team member will reach out to you to schedule a personal appointment.
Our address puts you close to beaches, shops and restaurants without the hassle of crowds and traffic. You can explore everything that Virginia Beach offers yet come home to a serene neighborhood, surrounded by nature along the shores of Lake Redwing.
Beach City Buzz
Our Southside address puts you close to all that’s great about the resort city of Virginia Beach, without the traffic and crowds you’ll encounter at other senior living communities. You’re an easy 10 minutes from shops, restaurants, golf courses and beautiful beaches. Earning accolades such as One of the Ten Best Cities for Early Retirement (Kiplinger, 2013) and One of America’s Most Affordable Beach Towns (Realtor, 2018) Virginia Beach offers a year-round calendar of outdoor activities, festivals, concerts and more. Learn more about choosing the right retirement community in Virginia Beach on our blog.
- Virginia Beach Fishing Center
- First Landing State Park
- Cape Henry Historical Lighthouse
- False Cape State Park
- Mackay Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center
- Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art
- Military Aviation Museum
- Sandler Center for the Performing Arts
- Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater at Virginia Beach
- Little Theatre of Virginia Beach
- Golf courses, including Redwing Lake Golf Course, Virginia Beach National Golf Club, Cypress Point Country Club, and Kempsville Greens Municipal Golf Course
- Navy Exchange, Commissary, Oceana Medical Clinic, and other military services available at NAS Oceana
- JEB Little Creek-Fort Story
- Naval Station Norfolk
- Portsmouth Naval Hospital